Why do I love the herb Peppermint? Well there’s a number of reasons why I love this herb as much as I do, the only thing that annoys me is our blatant marketing of Peppermint flavored this, that or the other during the holiday season (specifically Christmas time) ONLY it seems. But this special Herb is good ALL year round and is quite helpful for several things health wise.
To me this Herb tastes wonderful, smells good and is crisp and refreshing. It’s my preferred mint of the other two I know of and are more commonly used in other mint related treats we keep all year around (some of which don’t actually contain real mint flavoring *gasp!*).
So what are some of the AWESOME things Peppermint oil or the plant itself can do for us? Here is a simple list:
- Chewing or sucking on a Peppermint candy or leaf can help ease an upset stomach (I know this for a fact. I’ve tried it a few times when I’ve had upset stomach).
- Peppermint Tea is great for relaxing anytime your nerves are frayed, it helps to create and promote calm and relaxation before bed as well. (I can attest to this)
- It can help soothe sore aching muscles or feet. (Yes it does)
- Rubbing the oil into your temples can help relieve migraines. (Haven’t tried that – but if I ever do – you know I will. 😛 )
- The natural menthol can help soothe a sore throat, alleviate congestion, or prep your voice before a concert by aiding in eliminating excess “stuff” in your mouth preventing you from singing your best. (Do this all the time pretty much)
The uses of Peppermint seem to be pretty extensive in all honesty. You may even know something I don’t. Point is – anything Peppermint made, grown, or sold smells great, tastes not too bad and has benefits! If I could have my way – there would be MORE products on the market ALL year round that were Peppermint flavored or scented (like my Anti-bacterial hand soap from Bath and Bodyworks. *faints* LOVE it! Wish I bought more *cries*).
Thank you for reading!
~Love, light, blessings and more be yours Namaste~
- Peppermint to Soothe Your Tummy (veggloverherbaltraditions.wordpress.com)
- The Preppermint Case – Versatile, Easy to Gro, Healthy Herb: It’s So Mint! (prepperpenny.com)
- Young Living’s Peppermint Essential Oil (hillcountryessentialoils.com)
- DIY Spa Treatment: Peppermint Aftershave (bellasugar.com)
- Essential Oil of the Month: Peppermint! (ctesthetic.com)
- Peppermint and digestion (essentialfamilyoils.net)
- How to Grow Your Own Beauty Garden (naturesbeautysecrets.wordpress.com)
- Peppermint Mocha. (appreciateyou.wordpress.com)
- For the Love of Peppermint (mimarsehomespa.wordpress.com)